Troubleshooting Edge Lite - My Device shows Offline
If your Edge Lite shows as offline, please execute the following debugging steps:
Inspect the Device
Please check power connections to the Edge Lite. Edge Lite is powered via a high power USB-C power supply. Please ensure the power supply is connected to AC power and that the USB-C connector is firmly seated.
Edge Lite should show 2x LEDs:
- PWR LED: Should be solid RED
- If not, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
- SYS LED: Should be solid GREEN
- If the LED is solid GREEN, but the device shows offline, please reboot your Edge Lite: Unplug the power cord for 30 seconds and plug back in. The SYS LED will go solid green after following the bootup sequence (for versions v2021112 and higher, see https://support.bignetwork.com/portal/en/kb/articles/edge-lite-led-behavior).
- If the SYS LED is blinking GREEN, this indicates a WAN network problem. Continue troubleshooting below.
- If the SYS LEG never blinks GREEN or becomes solid GREEN, please contact email@example.com for further assistance.
Check Internet Connectivity
Edge Lite needs Internet Connectivity to work:
- If the device is configured for DHCP on the WAN port, test with a computer to ensure that DHCP is working, and that ICMP ping to 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 works.
- If the device is configured for Static WAN, disconnect the device, and test with a computer to ensure that the Static IP assignment also works, and that ICMP ping to 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 works.
- Ensure that MAC address filtering, Network Admission Control (NAC), or 802.1X authentication is not required in your WAN network.
- DO NOT CONNECT Edge Lite's LAN port in a default state to a network using DHCP. This will create a DHCP server conflict.
Big Network uses ICMP ping test probes to 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 for connectivity monitoring.
Use Edge Dashboard
Edge Lite (by default) has an Edge Dashboard located at http://192.168.70.2/
for debugging purposes.
For an on-boarded device, the top of the Edge Dashboard should show 3x checked boxes:
- Connected to WAN: Means that ICMP reachability testing to 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 is functional.
- Connected to Management Network: Means that the Edge Lite is able to connect to Big Network's Cloud Orchestration Platform.
- Onboarded: Means that the Edge Lite is on-boarded to an organization and able to join Cloud Networks.
Factory Default and Verify Connectivity
If none of the above steps resolve the problem, use the Edge Dashboard to Factory Default the device.
When in Factory Default mode:
- The WAN port will be a DHCP client.
- The LAN port will be a DHCP server. Addresses in the range 192.168.70.0/24 will be offered to clients.
- The Edge Dashboard will be available at http://192.168.70.2/
- The Edge Lite will offer NAT translation from the LAN network to the WAN.
If you decide to factory default the device, it will need to be re-onboarded to its organization.