How can I factory default my Big Edge Device?
If you need to Factory Default your Big Edge device, you have two options:
- Use the Edge Dashboard to Factory Default the device (button top right).
- For Edge Pro running NodeOS Version 2021135 or higher, use the following power button sequence:
- If the Edge Pro has been booted up for more than 15 minutes (900 seconds), remove power and re-apply power. Otherwise, proceed:
- Hold power toggle for 3 seconds; release for 5 seconds; hold power toggle for 3 seconds.
- Edge Pro will reboot and load a factory default configuration.
When in Factory Default mode:
- The WAN port will be a DHCP client.
- The LAN port will be a DHCP server. Addresses in the range 192.168.70.0/24 will be offered to clients.
- The Edge Dashboard will be available at http://192.168.70.2/
- The Edge Lite will offer NAT translation from the LAN network to the WAN.
If you decide to factory default the device, it will need to be re-onboarded to its organization.
Edge Devices: Automatic Configuration Rollback
Summary Edge Pro, Edge Lite, and Edge Virtual devices are outfitted with Automatic Configuration Rollback mechanisms. These mechanisms are designed to safeguard the availability of these devices from un-intended configuration consequences. Automatic ...
What devices can I use with Big Network?
Technically, anything connected to a network. We do have various options depending on if you want to connect end user devices or entire locations. Big Network Apps are supported on macOS, Linux and Windows based computers and servers as well as IoS ...
Edge Lite: LED Behavior
The Edge Lite features the following LED behavior: System LEDs - Top of Unit: PWR: The PWR LED indicates that power is applied to the unit. It should be solid RED. SYS: The SYS LED has the following behavior: During Boot: The LED will intermittently ...
What is the Big Network Hardware I keep hearing about?
Big Network's Hardware is here! Learn more about the Big Edge on our website: Edge Pro: For your datacenter, remote office, or headquarters - https://www.bignetwork.com/products/edgepro/ Edge Lite: For remote access and the hybrid workforce ...
Edge Pro: SFP/SFP+ Optics Compatibility
Edge Pro uses an Intel X553 / 82559-based Ethernet controller on the combination SFP/SFP+ ports. Genuine Intel optics are suggested; however, we can assist in qualifying Intel-compatible alternatives.